May 9th meeting minutes

*We met at Zito's pizza in Orange as I did not get with Tulsa Rib Co. soon enough about their room, another group of folks got it. I'll stop by there this week to see about being on the calendar permanently.
*Forgot to get a head count but close to 20 I'd say. The normal group were in attendance, 2 were back for the 1st time after an absence.
*Website stuff: Suzy added forum for "By-Law Discussion". As we put together a committee of members to update the by-laws, their names will be given access to this forum to aid in the discussions without having to get together all the time. That said, several members from each chapter will be asked to be involved with the BOD in this process.
*Women's' T-shirts was a topic brought to my attention, we forgot to order them. I asked Tom to find out what brand of women's shirts his supplier uses. That said, each chapter needs to see how many are needed by their members & we'll do a pre-paid order/run of them.
*Sheriff's report: collected some chicken funds from IHWR damage, others not present need to pay up.
*IHWR...went over good and bad....water misters brought up, have a area under an EZ-up if hot (kinda like what Arnold had in his camp). doing the Friday night potluck not in the REC room (too small), maybe by the cabins like the pancake breakfast was, especially if KOA finishes those pads. Scouts West swag in the registration packets (key chain, pens, IHWR decals). Heard complaints about dash plaque (or decal).
***Upcoming runs/events:
*HDR...we are running the "Ball Buster" game on Sunday May 26th. WE have the area picked out & did some pre-runs around it on May 11th. It will be nice to have 8-10 members out there to help run it and take turns. This will be Memorial Wknd
*Summer Scout @ Scot n Lora's Compound. June 7-9th. This will be a fun, relaxing weekend at their place. Nice compound set up for entertaining.
*Club Beach Party, August 10th. Bolsa Chica State Beach Life Guard Tower 22 as always.
*G.V.'s multi club Picnic in Hungry Valley SVRA, Sept 20-22nd.
*Desert Fun November 18-19th in Borrego Springs. Early registration is $25. Quick google search pulls up their info.
*Panamint Valley Days November 8-9th.

Members keep questioning how the club can spend money on IHWR. Everyone says they do not understand the 501C3 non-profit requirements we fall under. My suggestion at this past meeting, Do a little research on how 501C3's are governed as these discussions are getting more heated.

We also need to figure out the next date for IHWR.
Brad Spears
KK6UYY