What did you do on your IH today?

Decided to install some new mirrors on the Scout. Broke (cracked & bent) the right side a few IHWR's ago and both mirrors were hard to see reflections as they were loosing the silver on the back of the glass.
Made some new brackets for some convex mirrors I acquired & welded up the holes in the doors from the 2 previous sets. I think I'll like these better
Brad Spears
KK6UYY
Attachments
Scout mirror (2).jpg
Scout mirror (2).jpg (401.86 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Scout mirror (3).jpg
Scout mirror (3).jpg (406.63 KiB) Viewed 350 times
scout mirror (1).jpg
scout mirror (1).jpg (348.63 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Re: What did you do on your IH today?

Started to build the Dana 60 for the Scout finally the other day. Cleaned off the bench (1st time it's been clean since I've had it) & started to figure out the measurements. Got it dis-assembled & cut off the spring pads & shock mounts tonight.
Brad Spears
KK6UYY
Attachments
Scout Dana 60 (1).jpg
Scout Dana 60 (1).jpg (369.93 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Scout dana 60 (2).jpg
Scout dana 60 (2).jpg (327.04 KiB) Viewed 348 times

Not my Scout, but we (Tim, Shaun, & myself) worked on Norbert today. Getting it started to remove him from the trailer, the throttle cable broke through the plastic housing, so we replaced it with a spare that Tim had. We are having issues with getting it to run better. No vacuum leaks, but randomly dies while adjusting the idle, timing, etc. Starting to suspect ignition, possibly the coil as it gets hotter & maybe the condenser. After playing with all that we did this afternoon, he does run better, just not roadworthy yet. Sorry, no photos
More next week.
Brad Spears
KK6UYY

While waiting on the master install kit I finally ordered to come in & $$ for the axles from a side job that should get tomorrow, I pulled the front Chevy Dana 44 housing out of the shed today to start narrowing it to the Scout width do a cut n turn.
Brad Spears
KK6UYY
Attachments
scout frt chevy (2).jpg
scout frt chevy (2).jpg (286.43 KiB) Viewed 258 times
scout frt chevy (1).jpg
scout frt chevy (1).jpg (311.35 KiB) Viewed 258 times