JOE PAPERO passed away this morning.

Pretty much an open forum. Need to get something off your chest? Dump it here.
Big John
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): 73 Scout 11 4X4, 71, 72, 73 Traveletes all 4X4's 3 IH Garands, IH refrierator And?

SAD NEWS TODAY. JOE PAPERO PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING. Joe and Linda were some of the founding members of Scouts West. Joe and Linda Papero are and were good friends. I will miss Joe even though I/ we pretty much only saw them at IHWR. RIP my friend.
oldcholo
Vehicle(s): 67 800

A truly sad day. Joe was one hell of a man and a true friend. Not just Scout stuff Joe was always there. He and Linda were the heart and soul of our club. I remember going to thier home and get the news letter ready for mailing, yup we folded and stamped them for all our members. I remember one time our son Manuel (gosh he was still a little kid) was riding with Joe in his 800 when Joe tipped that 800 over on a trail. My wie Jan saw it and she became alarmed (an understatement) When I reminded her he was with Joe, she calmed right down. I believe it was when we went to Death Valley that one time.
Years later when Manuel graduated from USMC boot camp and before he went to Iraq the first time- Joe sold (practally gave it away) that 800 to Manuel. Joe loved that old 800 and he wanted Manuel to have it. Joe told Manuel if he ever got tired of it he would sell it back to Joe. Manuel still has that 800 up and running and now it makes that old 800 an even more treasured possession. We are gonna miss Joe and our broken hearts are thinking of Linda and the rest of the family during this most painful time. Thank you Joe for all the wonderful times.