Father Daughter Duo - A journal of Scouts

Pretty much an open forum. Need to get something off your chest? Dump it here.
JDMJNKY
Vehicle(s): Scout II

Update. A day late but I've successfully made it through re-installing the valve cover and the carb removal phase. Looking back I should have taken a before and after but oh well. Tomorrow I plan to grab some hardware for the carb, then new hoses/lines and a PCV valve before moving onto the driver side VC.

after a vacuuming of the oil drain back holes and rocker arms to remove some old gasket debris I re-installed the RH VC.

hoping this donut is seated (I'm sure IH could have designed this better) :/

wanting to not leave removed parts untouched, I cooked some parts in degreaser. Both paint and grime removed w/ ease.

then some basic primer & paint

Out to lunch.
JDMJNKY
Vehicle(s): Scout II

spent some time after the carb replacement to map this out, unplanned, but needed. I can recall the day the truck arrived and I popped the hood, it drove me nuts.

carb replacement, I plan to remove the choke cable. Hopefully I no longer need it.

post carb install - I can dig it. more things to sort, but you get the gist of it.
Out to lunch.
Big Ed
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): C1300 and 1110D

Nice work.
64 C1300 4X4, 345, T34, T18, NP202, D70F with ARB & 35 spline Chromoly axles, RA15 with Detroit Locker, 41" Iroks, front & rear PTO winches, recent makeover.
Big John
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): 73 Scout 11 4X4, 71, 72, 73 Traveletes all 4X4's 3 IH Garands, IH refrierator And?

I do not know why this post showed up??? Congrats on your scouts.Hope to see you all at a meeting or on a run. I'm up in frazier park. And we are a pretty active group. Work parties. Potluck, runs. And stuff. Grapevine chapter. Scouts west.