VR1 Racing Oil good or bad

Need some help with your IH? Just ask.
ShaunT
Three-quarter tank
Three-quarter tank
Vehicle(s): 74 Scout II. Orange Crush

Hi All

Getting ready for oil change and I have been using Valvoline VR1 with high zinc.... I was doing research and came across this article on the Valvoline website about VR1 racing oil not good for daily driver application due to lower level of detergents...

https://www.valvoline.com/about-us/faq/racing-oil-faq

What are your thoughts!!
gorilla snot
Quarter-tank
Quarter-tank
Vehicle(s): 1979 stock traveler

Well, I guess the question would be: how is your engine running, how many miles on it, and are you happy with running said oil? I would say it's a preference. I myself ran with regular oil, straight 30 weight, and added 8-10 oz. of Marvel Mystery Oil for every oil change. Engine had 352,000 miles on it when I pulled it out of my '77 SSII. Always smogged every two years with no problem. If the rig is running they way you like, stay the course.
Big Ed
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): C1300 and 1110D

I stopped using it when a friend who owns a engine rebuild shop told me not to use it, his dad opened the shop in 1943. He told me to use 15W40 diesel oil. Depends who you ask though.
64 C1300 4X4, 345, T34, T18, NP202, D70F with ARB & 35 spline Chromoly axles, RA15 with Detroit Locker, 41" Iroks, front & rear PTO winches, recent makeover.