Tierra Del Sol

Joe V
Half-tank
Half-tank
Vehicle(s): Bone stock Scout II

I think Little John will be club vehicle inspections in camp, it'll be a buck for each violation.
Vic
Quarter-tank
Quarter-tank

Going to set up phone so that you can find our location when you come
73IHC
Quarter-tank
Quarter-tank
Vehicle(s): S120, Sportop, Scout II

Vic wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:28 pm
Going to set up phone so that you can find our location when you come
Your flip phone?

This is the pin... So I hope!
https://www.google.com/maps?q=33.291154 ... shorturl=1
Vic
Quarter-tank
Quarter-tank

For those who want to caravan with us
Be at my house by 4:30
Google
20101 Smith Rd
Desert Hot Springs 92241
760-408-5473 Vic
fpscabs
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): 1970 Travelall

I may be there . trying to get out of Glendora by 1ish
Fritz...
Past President, Main Chapter
OHV 167v SBNF
KJ6RUN
Certifications:
First Aid, Chainsaw, 4x4, ATV,

1970 Travelall, 392 1100D
fpscabs
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): 1970 Travelall

A great weekend in the desert. What started for me was a huge sit-n-f$#@ing-traffic. I accomplished major records for distances traveled. I made a wopping 13 miles in 65 mins. As that wasn't enough for one day, and being delayed in leaving home, I made a bad choice and took the 10 fwy. I left Glendora at 3pm and arrived at Vic's at 7. Tom and Dianne left Upland at 5:30 via the 210 fwy and beat me to Vic's.

Arriving at Vic's, he and Tom took off in Vic's truck with the trailer attached. Seems Vic picked up the trailer, but forgot the ramps. After they returned, I went to Vic's backyard to see Tom stacking 8x8s 4 tall next to the back of Vic's trailer. Oh Vic was in his scout with the front tires on the trailer and the rear on the ground with only 1 ramp. Seems a ramp fell off loading and Vic had to back off the trailer. Vic almost had a HUGE chicken night as he backed off cleanly then he almost backed into a friends car parking behind his truck.
We left Vic's at 9 and were lost in Truckhaven on Marina Dr. Finally, Mike showed up and led us to camp. But Tom will have to address why his trailer has no brake or turn lights.

Debbie out did herself making an early (7:00a.m.) breakfast Saturday morning. At 9a.m., we had 18 vehicles heading towards run TDS run. I owe a buck since my T'all was not present and had to be a passenger on the run. Our leader was Little John and did an outstanding job. As always, traffic at TDS (Traffic Daily Sucks) is the norm.
Vic did have to winch out a mud bogged Toyota pick up. YES, there were real slipper as snot mud holes. This pit was on a curve leading uphill. Once stuck, traction wasn't possible. Vic had to back down part of the run which was fun to do after freeing the truck. There were thousand of wildflowers and greenery along the run. The rain did change flat wash roads into up and down challenges. Erosion changed the nature of the trail.
Vic did make the last hill climb, but 3rd time was the charm.
After the run, some went back to camp while others headed to the vendor area. We had roped off a nice area up front to hold a spot for the raffle. Grapevine/FrazierPark had 3 winners, and Tom closed out the $1000 average raffle by winning a prize as well. The fireworks show was off the chart excellent from up front. After the raffle, some hung out by campfires and a group headed to the crazy section to watch the drunks and nutts.
Sunday early, I found out that the wind had really picked up. I needed to tie off to my bumper after my ez-up shifted 5 feet during the night. Wind kicked up lots of dust and made packing up a challenge. We did miss seeing lots of missing regulars.
Sunday morning for
Fritz...
Past President, Main Chapter
OHV 167v SBNF
KJ6RUN
Certifications:
First Aid, Chainsaw, 4x4, ATV,

1970 Travelall, 392 1100D
Big Ed
No limits
No limits
Vehicle(s): C1300 and 1110D

Sounds like fun was had nevertheless, sometimes I miss not being closer to you guys.
64 C1300 4X4, 345, T34, T18, NP202, D70F with ARB & 35 spline Chromoly axles, RA15 with Detroit Locker, 41" Iroks, front & rear PTO winches, recent makeover.
scoutkid
Vehicle(s): 1970 ih crewcab, 1967 Travelall, 1963 scout 80, 72 scout 2, 73 scout 2

I'm Going leaving thursday Mar 1st
Wickedtuna
Three-quarter tank
Three-quarter tank
Vehicle(s): 1975 International Scout II, 2002 Jeep Grand Overland, 2000 Toyota 4 Runner Limited

Dave and I are going, leaving Friday Morning. Neither one of us has been so it will be interesting. Is it only one raffle ticket per person or registration? So no registration no raffle ticket?
William Sousa
San Diego Chapter
1975 Scout II XLC
304, 727 A/T
SOA Full Width Chevy Axles
Wmontaney
Half-tank
Half-tank
Vehicle(s): 1978 SSII

Wickedtuna wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm
Dave and I are going, leaving Friday Morning. Neither one of us has been so it will be interesting. Is it only one raffle ticket per person or registration? So no registration no raffle ticket?
Yes, you need to registrar to get a raffle ticket and it is one ticket per person for the main raffle. There are sub raffles that allow you to purchase more tickets.
If you do not registrar you are not allowed to go on any of the runs that occur during this event.
Bill--
San Diego Chapter
KJ6WJL

1978 SSII