January 2017 Meeting

Wmontaney
Half-tank
Half-tank
Vehicle(s): 1978 SSII

Run down of the meeting.
We ate, we talked, we laughed, we paid the bill........

Anyway,
Fritz, Brad, and Jacob came down to our meeting from the Main Chapter.

Locally, we have two workdays scheduled.
First up is Timmy for Thin Mint.
February 18, starting at 8am, at Timmy's house.
I hear scones will be made for those that show up.
Work to include transferring brake lines, gas lines, e-brake stuff, brake stuff from one frame to another. Body needs to be bolted in. Seats need to be set up, and I am sure other things will rear up.

Next up is William Sousa.
March 4th at 9am at his house.
Don't know if scones will be there for us or not.
Work to be done is final bolting up of doors, and hood. Brake work, verify fluids. Last check of any electrical and anything else prior to hopefully a start of the engine after about 3 years.

Last work day, but not scheduled.
Will schedule at the March meeting.
I need help with a few things on my scout. I need to remove my rear bumper and straighten it. Since down there, need to drop the fuel tank so can replace fuel lines that have gotten old and are cracked. I also need help with dropping my transmission so I can remove my clutch and have it rebuilt and reinstalled. Possbly some minor electrical work and top work from my current metal top to the new fiberglass top.

Local runs.
4-wheel parts is have a customer appreciation day off main street in Ocotillo wells. There is runs, raffle, and various vendors will be there. Sounds like a fun day if you are down in that area.

IHWR
Dates have been set. Dates are April 21st through the 23rd.
Donation letter is up and can be download on the website home page. If any trouble please let me know and I can supply you with one.

Next meeting is March 1st, 2017 at 7pm. Location is Fillipi's Pizza Groto.
See you all there.
Bill--
San Diego Chapter
KJ6WJL

1978 SSII